If You've Seen One, You've Seen the Mall: EUROPEANS AND AMERICAN MASS CULTURE Review

If You've Seen One, You've Seen the Mall: EUROPEANS AND AMERICAN MASS CULTURE
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
The Publisher's Weekly review is blatantly inaccurate. I felt that Kroes' thoughts on American culture were the farthest thing from "arrogant". He spends a lot of time criticizing traditionally condescending European views of American culture, and I feel that his own views are quite reasonable. He accepts cultural relativity and does not strike a holier-than-thou pose at all.
That said, I do think that Kroes' attempt to study such a broad topic using such small examples is a bit strained. Also, the first chapter is insufferably intellectual and boring. Nevertheless, Kroes provides an interesting perspective on European views of American culture.

Click Here to see more reviews about: If You've Seen One, You've Seen the Mall: EUROPEANS AND AMERICAN MASS CULTURE



Buy Now

Click here for more information about If You've Seen One, You've Seen the Mall: EUROPEANS AND AMERICAN MASS CULTURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment